Welcome to our South Indian Street dance course, dedicated to the best of Tollywood/Kollywood music and “Kuthu” or “Gaana” – a type of street dance originating from South India which is known for it’s energetic, expressive and upbeat moves. Learn signature steps from South Indian super hits such as Urvasi, Marana Mass and Rowdy Baby! This class is a crazy workout and a whole lot of tongue-in-cheek fun! Suitable for all dance levels including beginners.
In this 8-week course, you will –
- Learn the basics of South Indian Street dance
- Gradually learn a complete dance routine
- Get a fantastic cardio workout
- Gain confidence, fitness and swag
- Have fun with a friendly group of like-minded rowdy babies
- Learn from the best in the industry – Melbourne’s top South Indian Street choreographer, dancer and teacher
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private group chat (via WhatsApp), to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- Improve your performance skills by creating a dance video in the final lesson. Your video is professionally filmed and edited by Studio J. You will have full access to the final dance video, to share with family & friends (non-commercial use)
Teacher – Imdad
Imdad is originally from Chennai, India and specializes in styles such as urban, lyrical, popping, locking, housing, Bollywood and South Indian dance. In India, Imdad performed and choreographed for ‘Strangerz’ dance crew, winning numerous titles including World of Dance (India). Imdad is currently Director and Choreographer of urban Bollywood dance company Desi United.