In this course, you will:
- Gradually learn a complete South Indian dance routine
- Learn the nuances of Kuthu & Gaana style dance
- Get a fantastic cardio work out!
- Have fun with a friendly group of like-minded rowdy babies
- Learn from the best in the industry – Melbourne’s top South Indian Street choreographer, dancer and teacher
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private group chat (via WhatsApp), to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- Learn performance skills by creating a dance video in the final lesson.* Your routine is professionally filmed and edited by Studio J. You will have full access to the final dance video, to share with family & friends (non-commercial use)
*Regular attendance throughout this course is required in order to participate in the final filming session (at least 75% of the classes; e.g 4-5 sessions must be attended). If you miss several sessions, participation in filming will be at the teachers’ discretion. Please consider this commitment prior to enrolling.
Teacher – Sathiya
Sathiya has been dancing, teaching and choreographing for over 15 years, with experience in South Indian dance, Bollywood, Tamil folk and locking. Extremely passionate about South Indian cinematic dance, he helped form a college dance crew before later joining Sherif Dance Company in India. He has choreographed for numerous events, including Tamil reality TV shows, and has performed throughout Melbourne and Chennai. His career highlight was performing alongside Prabhu Deva for the Indian Premier League. Sathiya loves bringing his street energy and authentic South Indian style to Studio J