In this 6-week ONLINE course, you will:
- Revise and refine the basic 24 steps which are the foundation of Kandyan dance
- Gradually learn a complete Kandyan fusion routine
- Improve your core strength and fitness
- Easily access your class in REAL-TIME via Zoom. Ask the teacher questions during the class and get feedback on your progress!
- If the time of the class is not convenient, don’t worry – classes are recorded and can be viewed for the entire course. Learn at your own pace – rewind, re-play and pause whenever you like!
- Learn from the best – Australia’s best Kandyan dancer and choreographer with over 15 years Kandyan dance training
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private WhatsApp group, to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
Teacher –Rashan Samsul
Rashan started learning Kandyan dance in Sri Lanka, at the age of 10. He later went on to learn Bharatanatyam, and graduated from the Kalakshetra in Chennai, India. Rashan was the first Muslim Bharatanatyam and Kandyan dancer in Sri Lanka, and his dedication to dance has been unwaivering. Since arriving in Melbourne 4 years ago, Rashan has continued teaching and performing across Melbourne with his company Pravaha Dancing Foundation. He hopes to share his knowledge of dance with the next generation and make his mark on the Australian artistic landscape. Read more about Rashan in our interview here.