In this course, you will:
- Learn about different hand gestures (mudras), expression work, and spins (chakkars).
- Gradually learn a fully choreographed semi-classical Bollywood routine
- Have fun with a friendly group of adult students
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private group chat (via WhatsApp), to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- Create a dance video in the final lesson! Your video is professionally filmed and edited by Studio J. You get full access to the final dance video, to share with family & friends
Teacher – Ashwini
Ashwini was born in Gandhinagar (Gujarat), and is of Tamil/Telugu heritage. She has been dancing for over 19 years, with training in a huge range of styles including Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Garba, Bhangra, Bollywood, Contemporary and Hip Hop. Ashwini is passionate about dance, as it has brought community, friendship, grace and discipline to her life. A versatile dancer, teaching semi-classical Bollywood is close to Ashwini’s heart as it combines everything she loves about Bollywood dance – grace, expression and technique!