In this 4-week online course, you will:
- Bring out your inner diva! Learn a routine to the hottest Bollywood item number
- Feel confident, positive and comfortable in your own body
- Easily access your class in REAL-TIME via Zoom. Ask the teacher questions during the class and get feedback on your progress!
- If the time of the class is not convenient, don’t worry – classes can be re-played for the entire course. Learn at your own pace – rewind, re-play and pause whenever you like!
- Learn from Australia’s top Bollywood choreographer, dancer and teacher, with over 15 years training
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private WhatsApp group, to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
Teacher –Ida Ghatge
With over 18 years of dance experience, Ida is a Kathak dancer who trained under guru Shri. Harish Gangani. She has trained across all three gharanas (styles) of Kathak – Lucknow, Jaipur and Banaras. Ida was one of the youngest to complete her diploma in Kathak and went on to complete her bachelor degree in the dance form. Ida also attended the Terence Lewis Dance Academy in Mumbai, and later moved to Melbourne where she completed her Honours in Psychology at Melbourne Uni. An experienced performer, Ida has graced the stage across India, Europe and Australia. Ida currently performs with Sapphire Dance as a Bollywood & Kathak dancer-choreographer. Ida teaches “Bolly Kathak”, a concept merging classical and commercial arts forms of India. Read our interview with Ida in our dance blog!