In this 5-week online course, you will:
- Learn and revise the foundations of Bharatanatyam hand gestures and footwork
- Gradually learn a complete semi-classical fusion routine
- Get a great stamina and strength workout
- Easily access your class in REAL-TIME via Zoom. Ask the teacher questions during the class and get feedback on your progress!
- If the time of the class is not convenient, don’t worry – classes can be re-played for the entire course. Learn at your own pace – rewind, re-play and pause whenever you like!
- Learn from Studio J founder – Jaya. Melbourne’s top Bollywood choreographer, dancer and teacher with over 10 years Bharatanatyam training
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private WhatsApp group, to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
Teacher – Jaya Karan
Jaya is owner and director of two dance companies, Studio J and Sapphire Dance. A dancer-entrepreneur at heart, Jaya has been the driving force behind both companies success. Jaya started dancing as a hobby in her early 20’s, and eventually decided to learn Bharatanatyam at the age of 32. Since then, Jaya has gone on to choreograph, teach, perform and work with some of the best in Australia’s dance community. Having personally experienced how dance can create positive change, Jaya feels strongly about encouraging others to dance at any age. Jaya is also a physiotherapist and passionate about the impact dance can have upon mental, physical and social wellbeing. Read more about Jaya in our full interview here.