- Learn the basics of Kathak technique
- Gradually learn on a Bolly-Kathak semi-classical routine over the duration of the course
- Have fun with a friendly group of adult dancers
- Learn from one of Australia’s top Kathak choreographer, dancer and teacher, with over 20 years Kathak training.
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private group chat (via WhatsApp), to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- Learn performance skills by creating a dance video in the final lesson.* Your routine is professionally filmed and edited by Studio J. You will have full access to the final dance video, to share with family & friends (non-commercial use)
*Regular attendance throughout this course is required in order to participate in the final filming session (at least 75% of the classes; e.g 6 out of 8 weeks must be attended). If you miss several sessions, participation in filming will be at the teachers’ discretion. Please consider this commitment prior to enrolling.
Teacher –Ida Ghatge
With over 18 years of dance experience, Ida is a Kathak dancer who trained under guru Shri. Harish Gangani. She also attended the Terence Lewis Dance Academy in Mumbai, and later moved to Melbourne where she completed her Honours in Psychology at Melbourne Uni. An experienced performer, Ida has graced the stage across India, Europe and Australia. Ida currently performs with Sapphire Dance as a Bollywood & Kathak dancer-choreographer.