- Learn the basics of Afro beats, dance and technique
- Learn the origins of Afro dance and a glimpse into African culture & dance
- Gradually learn a complete Bolly-Afro fusion routine
- Have fun with a friendly group of beginner students
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private group chat (via WhatsApp), to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- Learn performance skills by creating a dance video in the final lesson.* Your routine is professionally filmed and edited by Studio J. You will have full access to the final dance video, to share with family & friends (non-commercial use)
*Regular attendance throughout this course is required in order to participate in the final filming session (at least 75% of the classes, e.g 6 out of the 8 sessions must be attended). If you miss several sessions, participation in filming will be at the teachers’ discretion. Please consider this commitment prior to enrolling.
Teacher – Samson Dass
Born and raised in India, Samson has been dancing for over 16 years in various styles including Hip-Hop, House, Afro, freestyle and popping. Samson ran his own dance studio in India before moving to Qatar, where he continued to teach. After moving to Melbourne in 2018, Samson resumed teaching while also participating in his main passion – dance battles! Samson aspires to create a positive teaching environment, motivating each student to discover their dancer within.