In this ONLINE course, you will:
- Expand your knowledge of the different adavu groups through short jathis and phrases
- Explore the art of abhinaya (expression) through story telling
- Learn a classical item to develop a deeper understanding of the dance form (e.g Pushpanjali, Jatiswaram)
- Easily access your class in REAL-TIME via Zoom. Ask the teacher questions during the class and get feedback on your progress*
- The classes are recorded, and can be re-played for the duration of the course. Learn at your own pace – rewind, re-play and pause whenever you like!
- Be taught by the best in the industry, a professional Bharatanatyam dancer & teacher
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class time
- Have access to a private WhatsApp group, to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- *Classical Indian dance is best learnt in-studio, however these online classes will provide you with an introduction to the art form. Online classes are convenient and accessible, however for optimal learning & progress we encourage you to enrol in-studio if possible.
Teacher – Divya Shreejit Kumar
Divya Shreejit Kumar is a Bharatanatyam artist with an active practice in performance, teaching and choreography. Learning from the age of five, she completed her Master Diploma in Bharatanatyam under Smt. Priya Dinesan. Her 25 years of classical dance practise includes a brief stint at Mohiniyattam. In Melbourne she joined Karma Dance and resumed her training with Govind Pillai – presenting her solo graduation performance in 2017. Since then, she has progressed her training in interrelated aspects of the art including rhythm, notation, composition and choreography. Read more about Divya here!