In this 7-week ONLINE course, you will:
- Expand your knowledge of the different adavu groups through short jathis and phrases
- Explore the art of abhinaya (expression) through story telling
- Learn a classical item to develop a deeper understanding of the dance form (e.g Pushpanjali, Jatiswaram)
- Easily access your class in REAL-TIME via Zoom. Ask the teacher questions during the class and get feedback on your progress*
- The classes are recorded, and can be re-played for the duration of the course. Learn at your own pace – rewind, re-play and pause whenever you like!
- Be taught by the best in the industry, a professional Bharatanatyam dancer & teacher
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class time
- Have access to a private WhatsApp group, to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- *Classical Indian dance is best learnt in-studio, however these online classes will provide you with an introduction to the art form. Online classes are convenient and accessible, however for optimal learning & progress we encourage you to enrol in-studio if possible.
Teacher –Divya Shreejit Kumar
Divya started learning Bharatanatyam at age five and has practised and performed the art form for well over 25 years. A notable feature of Divya’s performances is her “abhinaya” (expressive technique) that captivates the audience and makes one feel as if they were not merely watching a dance but actually perceiving life unfold before them. Divya looks to inspire and spread this love for her art by making it more accessible and enjoyable for everyone.