In this ONLINE course, you will:
- Learn via a non-traditional approach, with a teaching format designed to make Bharatanatyam more relevant & engaging for adults.
- Further progress your understanding of adavus, mudras and a variety of dance sequences commonly used in Bharatanatyam
- Work on your fitness, strength and flexibility
- Easily access your class in REAL-TIME via Zoom. Ask the teacher questions during the class and get feedback on your progress
- The classes are recorded, and can be re-played for the duration of the course. Learn at your own pace – rewind, re-play and pause whenever you like!
- Be taught by the best in the industry, a professional Bharatanatyam dancer & teacher
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class time
- Have access to a private WhatsApp group, to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
Teacher – Rashan Samsul
Rashan started learning Kandyan dance in Sri Lanka, at the age of 10. He later went on to learn Bharatanatyam, and graduated from the Kalakshetra in Chennai, India. Rashan was the first Muslim Bharatanatyam and Kandyan dancer in Sri Lanka, and his dedication to dance has been unwaivering. Since arriving in Melbourne 4 years ago, Rashan has continued teaching and performing across Melbourne with his company Pravaha Dancing Foundation. He hopes to share his knowledge of dance with the next generation and make his mark on the Australian artistic landscape.