In this 7-week ONLINE course, you will:
- Get an insight into the physical effort, dedication and discipline required to learn Bharatanatyam. Our adult beginner level classes give you the opportunity to experience the artform and decide for yourself if you are ready to learn and engage with this dance form at a deeper level.
- Learn via a non-traditional approach, with a teaching format designed to make Bharatanatyam more relevant & engaging for adults.
- Learn the basic mudras (hand gestures) and Bharatanatyam footwork through a simple dance sequence.
- Learn various step sequences (adavus) which are the foundation of Bharatanatyam.
- Work on your fitness, strength and flexibility
- Easily access your class in REAL-TIME via Zoom. Ask the teacher questions during the class and get feedback on your progress*
- The classes are recorded, and can be re-played for the duration of the course. Learn at your own pace – rewind, re-play and pause whenever you like!
- Be taught by the best in the industry, a professional Bharatanatyam dancer & teacher
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class time
- Have access to a private WhatsApp group, to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- *Classical Indian dance is best learnt in-studio. Online classes are convenient and accessible, however for optimal learning & progress we encourage you to enrol in-studio if possible.
Teacher –Divya Shreejit Kumar
Divya started learning Bharatanatyam at age five and has practised and performed the art form for well over 25 years. A notable feature of Divya’s performances is her “abhinaya” (expressive technique) that captivates the audience and makes one feel as if they were not merely watching a dance but actually perceiving life unfold before them. Divya looks to inspire and spread this love for her art by making it more accessible and enjoyable for everyone.