In this 11-week ONLINE course, you will:
- Expand your repertoire and movement vocabulary through learning a short dance item
- Develop a deeper practical and theoretical understanding of Bharatanatyam
- Continue nuancing the nine emotional states of classical Indian dance and how to convey them through body posture, facial expression, eye/glance technique and breath control.
- Refine and further develop your form and technique
- Easily access your class in REAL-TIME via Zoom. Ask the teacher questions during the class and get feedback on your progress!
- If the time of the class is not convenient, don’t worry – classes can be re-played for the entire course. Learn at your own pace – rewind, re-play and pause whenever you like!
- Be taught by the best in the industry, a professional Bharatanatyam dancer & teacher with over 25 years dance experience
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class time
- Have access to a private WhatsApp group, to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
Teacher –Govind Pillai
Govind Pillai is one of a few Australian male practitioners of Bharatanatyam. With an international track-record of sell-out productions and festival appearances, he has choreographed, directed and performed at venues and events including the Victorian Arts Centre, Sydney Opera House, Midsummer Festival, Woodford Folk Festival etc.and has roles as Director of Karma Dance, Board Member of the National Theatre (St Kilda), Lead Male Dancer of Sanskriti Dance (Sydney), Vice President of Flare Dance Co. (Melbourne), and Dance Advisor elect to the Federation of Indian Music and Dance Inc (Victoria). Read more about Govind in our interview!