In this 8-week course, you will:
- Learn the foundations of Bhangra technique; Bedi, Jandu Singha, Side Punjab, Jhummer & MORE!
- Drill these Bhangra steps to the latest Punjabi dance tracks
- Learn a choreographed Bhangra routine
- Have fun with a friendly group of like-minded students
- Learn from the best in the industry, one of Australia’s most experienced dance instructor
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class time
- Have access to a private group chat (via WhatsApp), to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- Learn important performance skills by creating a dance video in the final lesson. Your video is professionally filmed and edited by Studio J. You will have full access to the final dance video, to share with family & friends
Teacher – Joshinder Chaggar
Our Wellness Program Manager, Joshinder, has been dancing, choreographing and teaching since 2002. One of the first Bollywood dance instructors in Melbourne, she released Australia’s only ‘Get Fit with Bollywood Dance’ DVD nationwide in 2006. Joshinder later moved to Pakistan, where she was one of the leading choreographers in the country at the National Academy of Performing Arts (NAPA). She works extensively in theatre, TV and films and has toured and performed internationally in Germany, Malaysia, Dubai, Australia and India. Joshinder completed her Honours in Dance Research and is currently completing her PhD in Arts & Education at at Deakin University. Brilliant at teaching across all age groups, Joshinder is known for her friendly and happy nature which makes all our first timers feel immediately at ease! Read more about Joshinder in this interview!