- Introduction to belly dance including history, cultural context, and different styles.
- Review of Belly dance posture.
- Drills and exercises for body isolations, fluidity, and control.
- Hip and torso movements: shimmies, pops, locks, and drops.
- Travelling steps and turns.
- Improvisation techniques and drills.
- Fun combination using the above techniques.
- Have fun with a friendly group of adult students
- Learn from the best in the industry – a fully qualified belly dancer and choreographer
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private group chat (via WhatsApp), to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- The syllabus will be adjusted and customised based on the student’s progress as it’s important to create a safe and inclusive environment where dancers can grow and learn at their own pace.
Teacher – Raksha Parsnani
Having fallen in love with Shakira’s moves, Raksha started learning and performing in 2006. She trained extensively under teachers from India and across the globe. With teaching & choreographing experience of over 9 years, Raksha has been a master trainer in various belly dance festivals, and helped organise the biggest belly dance festival in India – ‘Arabella’. One of her other notable achievements has been that of providing belly dance training to Bollywood actress, Jacqueline Fernandez. Belly dance has helped Raksha immensely in building confidence over the years and she is passionate about bringing about this difference in people’s lives. She currently teaches Belly-Bolly fusion at Studio J Dance and performs with Finucane and Smith. She also is a part of an elite Bollywood dance crew Sapphire Dance!