- Recap of basic belly dance posture and techniques, including isolations, shimmies, and fluid movements.
- Intermediate layering techniques.
- Intricate hip and torso articulations.
- Complex footwork patterns and directional changes.
- Fluidity and seamless transitions between movements and maintaining grace and flow.
- Learning an intermediate level belly-bolly choreography that incorporates the techniques and movements covered in the course.
- Emphasizing musicality, expression, and performance quality.
- Practicing and refining the choreography throughout the course.
- Have fun with a friendly group of adult students
- Learn from the best in the industry – a fully qualified belly dancer and choreographer
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private group chat (via WhatsApp), to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- Improve your performance skills by creating a dance video in the final lesson. Your video is professionally filmed and edited by Studio J. You will have full access to the final dance video, to share with family & friends
Teacher – Raksha Parsnani
Having fallen in love with Shakira’s moves, Raksha started learning and performing in 2006. She trained extensively under teachers from India and across the globe. With teaching & choreographing experience of over 9 years, Raksha has been a master trainer in various belly dance festivals, and helped organise the biggest belly dance festival in India – ‘Arabella’. One of her other notable achievements has been that of providing belly dance training to Bollywood actress, Jacqueline Fernandez. Belly dance has helped Raksha immensely in building confidence over the years and she is passionate about bringing about this difference in people’s lives. She currently teaches Belly-Bolly fusion at Studio J Dance and performs with Finucane and Smith. She also is a part of an elite Bollywood dance crew Sapphire Dance!