We have combined the fluid grace of the Middle East with the charm of Bollywood, in our Bellydance-Bollywood fusion class! Learn the graceful hip and arm movements, body isolations and shimmies that make bellydance so beautiful, set to the addictive music of Bollywood. Suitable for beginners and all fitness levels.
In this 8-week course, you will –
- Learn the basics of bellydance technique
- Gradually learn a complete Belly-Bolly fusion routine
- Improve your core strength and fitness
- Have fun with a friendly group of beginner students
- Learn from the best in the industry – a fully qualified bellydancer and choreographer
- Get weekly practice videos to support your learning outside of class
- Have access to a private group chat (via WhatsApp), to encourage communication with other students and your teacher
- Improve your performance skills by creating a dance video in the final lesson. Your video is professionally filmed and edited by Studio J. You will have full access to the final dance video, to share with family & friends (non-commercial use)
Teacher – Pragya Khare
‘To dance is to extend yourself – larger, more beautiful, more powerful’. Pragya believes dancing is a soulful experience for her. Being a professional Bellydance and Bollywood dance instructor, she never skips a beat to learn and experience number of other dance styles such as Salsa, Bachata, Zouk, Contemporary, Hiphop, Jazz, Kathak and more. Director and founder of her own dance company, Natrang Dance, she aims to spread the soulful experience of dance to the world. She is passionate about introducing the unique style of ‘Belly-Bolly’, a mesmerizing fusion of Bellydance & Bollywood to Australia. Pragya has performed and choreographed at a number of dance events in India and Australia.